The Major is an electronic newsletter produced by the Statler College Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Department for alumni and friends, and faculty and staff.
To receive The Major, visit Mountaineer Connection.
- WVU researchers look to low-tech organic materials for high-tech clean hydrogen fuel production
- WVU Engineer earns $1.2M to revolutionize detection, diagnosis of tick-borne diseases
- WVU engineers seek to re-use waste plastics to make valuable petrochemicals
- CBE assistant professor sets sights on improving eye drop medication adherence
- CBE faculty awarded $1.3 million in funding to support the creation of research centers in West Virginia
- Statler College Announces teaching, advising, research and staff awards
- Statler College announces 2023 Thriving Women Program recipients
- WVU Faculty honored with 2023 teaching and service awards
- The Chemical and Biomedical Engineering department welcomes Anika Pirkey and Chad Cebulak to the department.
- Monica Cebulak, staff member was recognized as the first inaugural Employee of the Month
- Pradeep Fulay, Professor in Chemical Engineering and NSF Program Manager, retired from WVU in March 2023. Jim Hall, Senior Instrumentation Specialist retired from WVU in February 2023 after 39 years of service.
- Academy Induction Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- Peter L. Perrotta (B.S. 1984) Professor and Chair, Dept. of Pathology, Anatomy & Laboratory Medicine, Director, Pathology Services, WVU Health System
- Lisa C. Rohan (B.S. 1986) Professor, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- Richard (Rich) Stemple (B.S. 1981) Consultant, Miller Waste Mills
- David A. Velegol, Jr. (B.S. 1986) Mayor The City of Follansbee, WV
- Seniors shine as they present their capstones to the Statler College community
- Spring Commencement
- Bischof and Ndifon (ChE ‘23) were two of eight WVU seniors honored with the 2023 Order of Augusta.
- Sonia-Frida Ndifon was named WVU Mountaineer of Distinction
- Bischof and Cahill (ChE ‘23), Ndifon, McCabe and Uqaily (BMEG ‘23) were recognized as WVU 2023 Outstanding Seniors.
- Urrego (BMEG PhD Student) and Saini (ChE PhD student) received Honorable Mention for their poster presentations at the Statler College Graduate Student Research Symposium.
- Gerner and Moore (ChE ’23) were recognized for the best senior year major presentation for 2022-2023.
- McCullough (ChE ‘23) was the recipient of the 2022 Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Student Award
- Pack (BMEG Junior) was a winner with her Physical Sciences & Engineering poster at the WVU 7th Annual Spring Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 23, 2023.
- Paola Perez-Vega (ChE ‘23) was selected as a Ruby McQuain Graduate Scholarship Recipient for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Perez-Vega (ChE ‘23) received Best Poster Award 1st Place at the 2023 ASEE North Central Section Conference, March 25, 2023.
- In Memoriam
The Major - Print Archive
Volume 36 Issue 1, Summer/Fall 2022
HIGHLIGHTS... Message from the our new Chair, Srinivas Palanki, faculty awards and recognitions, announcing new faculty in our Department, CHE and BMEG senior design, student awards and presentations, recent graduates, Academy scholarships announced, In Memoriam, Academy induction recipients
Volume 35 Issue 1, Summer/Fall 2021
HIGHLIGHTS... Final message from the Chair, Richard Turton, faculty awards and recognitions, announcing a new chair and faculty to the department, College leadership, Statler College Emeritus Luncheon, CHE and BMEG senior design, student awards and presentations, recent graduates, Academy scholarships announced, In Memoriam, Academy induction recipients
Volume 34 Issue 1, Summer/Fall 2020
HIGHLIGHTS... Message from the Chair, faculty awards and recognitions, College leadership, Statler College Emeritus Luncheon, Forbes magazine selected WVU among "America's Best Employers by State", CHE senior design, student awards and presentations, recent graduates, Academy scholarships announced, In Memoriam, Sports, Academy meeting and induction ceremony
Volume 33 Issue 1, Summer/Fall 2019
HIGHLIGHTS... Message from the Chair, Faculty awards and recognitions, College leadership, WVU Named Top Employer in 2019 CANDE Awards, CBE senior design, Student awards and presentations, Recent graduates, In Memoriam